Dear OpenOffice.org Community & friends,

Also thanks to Florian, for confirming my subscription to the mailing list.

My name is Mr. Anupam Barman. I am working as System Consultant (IT) at
Assam Electronics Development Corporation Ltd. (AMTRON), a designated agency
under the IT Department, State Government of Assam, India responsible for
the implementation of IT projects in the state.

I am looking after the State Data Center and Development Projects based on
Open Source Technologies. I received 'The World is Open Award' sponsored by
RedHat Iast year in March 2008 for the Electronic File Approval and Document
Management system. It has a very nice workflow system for the AMTRON office
since April 2007. We are working with only ODF and PDF documents through
this system. Further development work is also going on. For more details on
the activities of AMTRON, please visit www.amtron.in

Under the Assam State Wide Area Network (ASWAN) project sponsored by
Department of IT, Government of India, AMTRON is operating as an ISP
offering Internet and VoIP services also on Open Source Systems developed by
me.

We are also promoting OpenOffice.org in a big way in our state. A brief
report has been included in our proposal for the OpenOffice.org Conference
2009 and hope to host the same this year at Guwahati, Assam, India.

I am thinking to contribute for OpenOffice.org in marketing and development
areas as best as possible by creating awareness and developing a good
community in our region. I can coordinate with resource persons here in the
mentioned areas which will enable our community to benefit from the
OpenOffice.org project in every possible way.

I hope by first being an observer I would be able to understand the
underlying concept of the projects first and learn more so that I can
contribute next.

Thanks & regards
Anupam Barman