On Sat, 2 Nov 2019, 10:56 Geertjan Wielenga, <geert...@apache.org> wrote:

> Seems to be Markus Koschany, I'll contact him. If the distro is really
> different in a significant way, they could call it DebianBeans, maybe. :-)

What would life be if you couldn't rely on Debian to screw up a Java
package?! ;-)

Not sure if they intend to keep packaging - it's still 10? But this feels
borderline. Modifications to externalize dependencies or control what
files/modules are included might be something to allow? OTOH, if that leads
to linking to different versions of dependencies that might not? At what
point does a build turn into a derivative?

It would be good to make more of this configurable in our build scripts
anyway. Would really like it to be easy for a downstream build to
pre-include nb-javac and JavaFX if they want to for example.