On 5/22/23, Tomek CEDRO <to...@cedro.info> wrote:
> This is why I asked not that long ago about
> Software-Hardware-Support-Compatibility-Matrix.. this would be really
> big table with hardware boards in columns and features in rows with
> green marks (or +1) where full support is confirmed, yellow (or 0)
> meaning work-in-progress, red (or -1) meaning no support or known
> problems.
>
> According to that Compatibility Matrix it would be possible to create
> proof-based configurations to build, and builds would prove the
> configurations.
>
> To be honest I have no idea how that could be implemented in such a
> complex project as NuttX with all those possible configurations.. that
> would really require big CI automation and I am not really familiar
> with GH CI yet maybe this is possible.. does GH charge $ for this CI
> operations? :-)
>
> When working for ARM at mbed they had this big wall of boards and such
> tests were performed not only at build stage but also on a real
> hardware.. each board had DAPLink that allowed flashing and serial
> port shell that executed some test scripts :-)

Yes, I and Sebastien tried to create a testing farm for NuttX using
Raspberry Pi:

https://bitbucket.org/acassis/raspi-nuttx-farm/src/master/

but soon we realize it will not scale well, for each board we need a
Raspi, or a USB HUB with Power Control over on each port (to
physically turn ON/OFF the board).

In the past using Raspberry Pi Zero was a good idea:
https://www.raspberrypi.com/news/raspberry-pi-zero/
The price was U$ 5.00, so we could by 100 that it was not too expensive :-)

Maybe a better alternative should be create some USB/HUB board using
ESP32-S2 that we could use as bridge to program from a central
computer/board over WiFi.

BR,

Alan