Checking different configurations is an academic problem, I think they call
it configuration sampling and it is part of variability modelling. There
were some papers about sampling of Linux configurations.

The simplest approach is to enable all possible, disable all possible, but
it is not trivial. Each selection multiplies the number of configurations
by the number of available options. That has very bad complexity.

They use SAT solvers to generate many configurations instead of brute
force. The goal is to sample configuration space in a uniform way.