Should we do the same for Bluelight?

-Adrian

Tim Ruppert wrote:
Smooth Feather has been posted to the Visual Themes page and can now be removed
by anyone who has rights.  I'm not sure where I ever rememthemes is classified,
but I'll give it a whirl and will report back.

Cheers,
Tim
--
Tim Ruppert
HotWax Media

o:801.649.6594
f:801.649.6595

----- "Tim Ruppert" <tim.rupp...@hotwaxmedia.com> wrote:

Yeah, I can get behind that for sure.  Btw, Jacques, I think we keep
the Flat Grey forever - no reason to deprecate that one - just the
ones that aren't going to be maintained - of which the original Smooth
Feather now stands out.
Anyways, if everyone's cool with that - then we can make a page in
Confluence and keep everything there - starting with moving Smooth
Feather there.

Cheers,
Tim
--
Tim Ruppert
HotWax Media

o:801.649.6594
f:801.649.6595

----- "Adrian Crum" <adri...@hlmksw.com> wrote:

I like the idea of moving deprecated themes to a web page.

-Adrian

Jacques Le Roux wrote:
For several reason, I really appreciate sometimes to have the
good
old
theme (Flat Grey) at hand.
We could keep Flat Grey and the best known at the moment
(obviously
BiznessTime at the moment).
The others would stay at http://docs.ofbiz.org/x/yhQ
This would be an easy deprecation policy

Jacques

From: "Adrian Crum" <adri...@hlmksw.com>
There were differing opinions about them. I suggested having
only
one
theme in OFBiz, and the other themes could be provided outside
the
project - by theme providers.

David thought it would be good to have several themes in the
project
in order to demonstrate the theme idea.

From my perspective, having more than one theme in the project
means
that much more code that has to be maintained.

As far as I know, no "theme deprecation" plan has been
discussed.
-Adrian

Tim Ruppert wrote:
I may have missed this in general, but what is the plan to
deprecate
themes when people aren't supporting them any longer?  We've
already
got one that we want to do this to - and there will surely be
others
as we're trying to work out these backend interfaces.  Anyways,
my
vote would be community votes and just removing them - but I'd
love
to hear what the original intention was and other good ideas
out
there.
Cheers,
Tim