Fellow committer is in direct response to being clear that it doesn't matter
who I'm talking to - Hans, Adam, Scott, David, etc.  I'm not calling out a
person in particular - only calling out the committer who instead of giving us
an improved ebay component has decided to give everyone both a new ebay
component and the job of figuring out what is up with these two strangely
named, similarly scoped components.

My recommendation - even at this point - is that we start to have a discussion
about all of the things this new component does, and the people who are using
the old one can put all of their feature coverage on the table - then we can
discuss how to bring them together.  This may be one ebay component which
utilizes both XML for some things and the SDK for others - but without knowing
the feature coverage - we're screwed.

In this case - it matters very little to anyone what the technology choice ends
up being - it's all about:

1. Making it easier for everyone who downloads OFBiz to know what to do with
eBay
-- These multi channels sales are more and more important each day in this
economy.
2. Consolidating so that next time the SDK adds something that the XML does
not, we can make good decisions about how to achieve the new features.

Let's have this conversation - the committer of the new ebay component should
provide a quick outline of what is being supported by all the functions that
are newly implemented.  This should be easy since the development was just
done.  Then the people who developed and utilize the current ebay component can
put the features out on the table for comparison as well.  Once we have that,
we can easily do the necessary gap analysis and discussion about what
technologies support what, etc, etc.

it could be that XML supports everything that we want and this new SDK becomes
something that the committer needs to remove and keep in his own repository if
there's no business reason to have it but we won't know that until the gap in
understanding is bridged.  I hope that clarifies the stance and the use of the
words "fellow committer" - not trying to be condescending - just really trying
to avoid the consistent "personal attack" vibe around here since this has
nothing to do with any person in particular.

Cheers,
Ruppert