If it has nothing to do with any person in particular, then there should be no
need to refer to a person, not even in a way that attempts to disguise the fact
that you are referring to a person like writing "Fellow Committer". When you
use those words you ARE in fact talking about a person, and even if you don't
say who it comes across as pretty clear that you are thinking of a particular
person, so it just sounds weird and confusing in a sort of dehumanizing way.

Isn't it possible to talk about the functionality and approach without
commenting on people? It's fine to say that Hans wrote this after so and so
wrote that and talk about the this and that and discuss what might be a better
approach, and I don't think it's necessary to comment on motives or character
or experience, whether a person is named or not.

We're all people here, and I guess personally I'd rather be consider a person
by my given name rather than a "Fellow Committer". If I wanted to be a number
or a title, I'd be in a different line of work...

-David