My personal opinion is that adding an additional layer of javascript has more
downsides that it does upsides.
- More code to maintain
- Slightly hackish, multi-parameter strings?
- Another API for users to learn
- Abstracting basic method calls is one thing but what about the more complex
object oriented features of the libraries?

Not to mention that I think the reason that people have a javascript library
preference in the first place is because they are familiar with the APIs, but
if we abstract the API away then they don't really gain that benefit.

IMO sometimes trying to be everything to everybody just ends up with us being
too complex for anybody and what we really need to do is just pick a javascript
library and stick with it.

Regards
Scott