I'm not a JavaScript expert, so I don't have any strong opinions on the choice of a library. I have some suggestions, however.

I haven't looked at the JavaScript library integration lately, but I recall that it started out with creating "connector code" in selectall.js. In other words, selectall.js was used as a facade so the third-party library can be swapped out without too much effort.

That's why JavaScript function arguments are sent as Strings - so the String arguments can be parsed into whatever form the third-party library needs.

While this effort is underway, it would be nice if we could have a separate file for the library facade. I think selectall.js was used at the start out of laziness - the file was already there. Now the name of that file doesn't match its contents.

-Adrian