partymgr  is in application will not move, you meant ProjectMgr  right?

Jacques

From: "Mansour Al Akeel" <mansour.alak...@gmail.com>
I would recommend keeping partymgr and assetmaint.
I am not sure if accounting depends on assetmain.

On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 6:59 AM, Pierre Smits <pierre.sm...@gmail.com> wrote:
+ 1 on move of majority of apps in specialpurpose to 'Extras', excluding
projectmgr as it displays how to use OFBiz in a different industry than
ecommerce/webshop. Is it not so that OFBiz is versatile. ProjectMgr does
deliver some of that versatility.

Regards,

Pierre

Op 20 maart 2012 12:47 schreef Jacopo Cappellato <
jacopo.cappell...@hotwaxmedia.com> het volgende:

> H) specialpurpose/*: move several (if not all, apart ecommerce) of the
components to "Extras" (if there are persons interested to become
committers/maintainers) or to "Attic"

There seems to be a general agreement to slim down the number of
applications in this group and move them to Extras (see exceptions below).
I am summarizing here some notes but we should actually use this thread to
continue the discussion about what should go to specialpurpose in general
rather than focusing on the decision about removal of specific
applications; we can then start a separate thread for each component.

Adrian would like to keep one or two components to demonstrate the concept
of reusing artifacts to create custom applications (Jacopo: can we use the
"exampleext" component for this?)
Hans would like to keep the ones that he considers feature complete like
asset maintenance, LDAP, POS, e-commerce, cmssite, projectmgr and scrum.
Jacopo: in my opinion even in the above list provided by Hans there are
applications that are barely examples (cmssite) or are very specific
implementation of very specific requirements (difficult to be used if your
company doesn't have exactly these requirements): projectmgr and scrum;
some of these components also extends (adding special purpose fields) the
generic data model and this happens even if the user is not interested in
evaluating the specialpurpose component. I also don't think that some of
the components meet minimum quality requirements to be distributed with
OFBiz: for example the scrum component uses a mechanism that is unique to
demo its features (i.e. published a demo webapp with online instructions
for demo data) that is not used by other applications (and this makes the
suite of applications inconsistent); also, the component refers to
resources that are owned by Hans' company. All in all, they seem very
specific piece of codes that should better live as optional plugins
downloaded separately. So in my opinion the "concept" of specialpurpose
application is in general better suited for Apache Extras rather than for
the OFBiz svn and releases.