Folks, I need to note that the plugins issue is simple and does not need
that much effort.

Instead of firing up an entire maven repository we can just create source
branches for the plugins, and publish to JCenter with an OFBiz account.
This is a simpler faster way moving forward. Firing up an entire maven
repository just for a few packages does not seem necessary to me at this
time. This step might be necessary in the future if we get a huge volume of
plugins or something like that.

So a simple naming convention for the plugin versions combined with hosting
the source code in branches is enough to get us started.

For example:

- For trunk: We can create a task called ./gradlew pullOfficialPlugin
-PpluginId=Whatever. This task will pull the source code from subversion or
whatever and just put it in /specialpurpose
- For releases 16.11: ./gradlew pullPlugin
-PdependencyId='org.apache.ofbiz.plugin.release16.11:myplugin:1.0.0'

So I'm rooting for simplicity, I suggest not to over-engineer too quickly
before testing all aspects of the plugin system. In the end, the OFBiz
plugin of a certain version in a certain release is really just a tag in
subversion or something like that. It's not a big deal to publish it to
JCenter or similar repository providers because we will always have that
exact copy available in our source code system.

Cheers,

Taher Alkhateeb