On 5/30/2020 8:46 PM, Dave Fisher wrote:
> Keith,
>
> I pledge to support you however I can.
>
> I’ve been thinking about www.openoffice.org
>
> What do you think about using markdown?
>
> Regards,
> Dave
>
> Sent from my iPhone

I appreciate the pledge of support Dave. I am leery of using markdown
for the same reasons I expressed about Docbook; IE. the learning curve.
I lean towards using AOO Writer as most people that volunteer are
familiar with Writer and there are more people that can mentor people in
the use of it. Another is is the use of templates to create a uniform
look and feel, plus it reinforces the the brand image of AOO by using
our own product to create professional looking documents.

A potential use for markdown would be as another method of distributing
the documentation by use of a converter to generate the markdown files
for adding them to the Website but as we already have much of the
documentation on the wiki this would need to be discussed further.

Regards
Keith