Hi all,

Am 02.06.20 um 00:23 schrieb F Campos Costero:
I am not sure that this part of the process has to remain as it is.
Unfortunately that is not going to change a whole lot. Just as the
development effort is self directed so is the Documentation effort and
all volunteers are advised of that.
If we can increase participation in the documentation work by having
someone to assign tasks to others, that seems like a reasonable change to
make. I am willing to take on coordinating the assignments if others can
help create a reasonable list of tasks. To be clear, if someone wants to be
self directed, that would be great. If someone feels more comfortable being
given a task, having a specific person to contact for help and perhaps
having a little checking in on progress, I can do that. I have no training
in technical writing. I took a quick look at DocBook and it does not seem
conceptually difficult, so I can try to learn that. If someone can give me
a little help at first, I would appreciate it.

I think there is a miss understanding. I do not believe that we should

actively assign tasks and boss people around.

Think of it as a suggestive list of where someone could do something.

How it is organized, is not important.

It could be a list on ta wikies discussion side. It can be a tasklist on Jira, Bugzilla or mwiki, or cwiki.

The Idea is to have "one" place where people can inform them selfs on the existing consent.

Just some Ideas where I tried to describe what we have to do in the development section:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/RapidBoard.jspa?rapidView=301&projectKey=OPENOFFICE&selectedIssue=OPENOFFICE-76

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Development+Improvement

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=67633711

As you see it is unordered. And I am experimenting a lot. And I am moving between Jira and Cwiki.

But I am becoming better in being able to explain people what Issues do we have where. And what could be an easier task to do and what is more difficult.

But I really believe that we should leave the choice what people do to them.

And If you look around what I do is not new. MWiki is full of pages where people describe what we should do and how. (That is the most depressing part on the project, because it is all gobe, and give people a tomb feeling.

But at the same time you learn so much from their Ideas. If we can standardize somehow these Ideas, and remove names. I think it would lower the barrier in getting involved.

If you feel this is the right way, I invite you to figure a way. If you want anything to be done on Jira, just give me a shout. I will create a document component, and create a kanban board for you. No Problem.

But you can also use whatever else we have, at our disposal.

If you are wondering who I am, I have been a moderator on the user forum
for about 10 years.
That is really nice. There is so little exchange between the dev mailing list and the support team.

All the best

Peter