On 14.04.21 22:42, Jörg Schmidt wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: Dean.Webber [mailto:2018001...@student.sit.ac.nz]
Sent: Wednesday, April 14, 2021 10:07 PM
To: dev@openoffice.apache.org
Subject: Re: Integrate download wizard into website?

Do you mean like the sourceforge page, that detects the
system and offers the download
https://sourceforge.net/projects/openofficeorg.mirror/files/la
test/download
No. At least _I_ mean an assistant that asks the user what he wants.

And I opened the thread here because on the de-users list once again someone
asked because he did not understand how to use the download page.
So the person is not able to understand that if he wants an installation package for
"Windows, german, version 4.1", he has to set it in the listboxes of the
download page first and then click on the appropriate button.

IMHO All you need to know is HTML. The Code is really only good to make a preselection guess, and can be skipped.

But if I get your intend right it is a different Layout. Maybe something like:

Do you want to Download OpenOffice or only add additional Languages?

Choice Download OpenOffice (One Page)

1. Please Select your OS <drop down>

2. Please Select the Version of OpenOffice <drop down>; maybe we should have a default latest

3. Please select your main Language

4. Download Button

Choice Languages (another page)

Please select Language you want to add to OpenOffice <Language Selector>

Something like that?

Jörg