Am 14.04.21 um 22:34 schrieb Jörg Schmidt:
-----Original Message-----
From: Marcus [mailto:marcus.m...@wtnet.de]
Sent: Wednesday, April 14, 2021 9:44 PM
To: dev@openoffice.apache.org
Subject: Re: Integrate download wizard into website?

Am 14.04.21 um 21:27 schrieb Jörg Schmidt:
I've been experiencing steady small improvements to the
download explanations (on the Download-Site) for the last few months.

Does anyone see the possibility to offer a parallel wizard
on the website in the future, which guides step by step
through the selection of the correct download?

I've no idea what you mean, so I'm just asking:

What do you mean with website? What do you mean with wizard?

I mean step by step questions, explanations and choices, e.g. you could start
by asking the operating system

hm, why is it needed to ask questions to present the user a download choice? Our download webpage today tries to guess the best choice. When the user wants something different, then it's very easy to select something different.

The number of choices for the OSs are very clear. The language items are also really clear. And the highest version is the latest. If the presentation or naming is unclear, then we can try to improve it.

Or asking somehow different:
What is the value add to change the download principle? What is missing today? What could be improved?

and if the user chooses "Windows" you could show him directly the additional
info that he has to make sure to install a 32 bit Java later ...

OK, right, this an be improved. But the work I'm doing these days is not finished yet. So, suggestions are welcome.

Thanks

Marcus