Am 16.04.21 um 07:47 schrieb Jörg Schmidt:
-----Original Message-----
From: Marcus [mailto:marcus.m...@wtnet.de]
Sent: Thursday, April 15, 2021 7:00 PM
To: dev@openoffice.apache.org
Subject: Re: Integrate download wizard into website?

Am 15.04.21 um 08:49 schrieb Jörg Schmidt:

That's exactly what I wrote myself on the de-users list and
expressed my lack of understanding that users don't seem to
be able to use a website that is as easy to use as a vending machine.
Nevertheless, I have to take note that there are such users.

The the question is if can satisfy all users that have
problems to find
the right install set.

Let's not argue about that.
At the same time, I want to say one word:

kaizen

(I do not put a link to Wikipedia, because in the English Wikipedia "Kaizen" is
explained only one-sided, related to the economy. In the German Wikipedia it is explained
more thoroughly.)

good point how we can handle this topic.

And my suggestion comes from the observation that the
improvements of the last months didn't seem optimal(*),
because they required the user to actively do something to
get an additional info (either place the mouse over a button
to get a tooltip/teaser or actually click on a button to get
an info page in a separate window).

This is a complete different topic (at least in my eyes)

Then _I_ must have explained it badly, because actually that is the core of my
proposal.

mmh ... but I understand, there are two different possibilities, namely once
the user makes his selection in one step (so it is currently on the download
page) and then automatically gets all the appropriate hints in one step, or you
ask the settings step by step and also give the hints step by step.

Indeed, the way can be different how to show these hints. But I think we agree already that the hint presentation could be more automatic and context-sensitive.

Marcus