Greg Zartman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

> 1) Would this be of any use to anyone but me?  If so, I'll work towards
> getting it in an RPM format.

Sounds like a great idea!

> 2) The utility utilizes a small configuration file.  Where is the best
> place to locate the file on the SME/E-smith server,  /etc ?

If part of an rpm install, templated into:
 /etc/e-smith/templates/etc/smbclientbackup.conf

> 3) I'm going to setup a cron process to run the applet on a nightly
> basis. Does anyone see any issues with this?

I'd recommend you template this into the current /sbin/e-smith/backup
script and not make this an additional cron job.  Basically the current
script:

dumps the mysql databases
backs up the entire server hard drive

You may wish to add:

dumps the mysql databases
archives the smb clients
backs up the entire server hard drive

> 4) Would a graphic interface be of any value?  I'm thinking of a server
> manager page or something.

Sounds like your script would automatically pick up online clients for
backup.  A server manager page to launch on demand and select clients
would be nice, but a good deal of work :)

Darrell May
DMC Netsourced.com
http://netsourced.com
http://myEZserver.com