On Wed, 2003-01-29 at 09:14, Hsing-Foo Wang wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Looking at the initiative and very constructive comments, I wonder if
> there is something like:
>
> * Knowledge Base system *
>
> - user/system defined fields (categories/SME versions/hints-n-tips etc.
> like mentioned by Charlie)
>
> - community members can post a KB article and maintain/own it

The system I set up (TikiWiki) will do this.

> - linked filespace with the KB article

Not sure if I understand this, but I think my setup will do this

> - visitors can add comments/questions

My setup will do this

> - start community driven new projects

Possible

> - Searchable

My setup will do this

> - Mirrored over several places
> - how-to develop for your MITEL SME server docs.

No sweat

> Don't know if wiki is capable of that including the linked file space...

Linked file space is available

I have just set up such a system. Feel free to check it out and see if
this meets the needs of the community. If so, I can tighten it up
(actually set it up in an individual ibay instead of the present link
off my homepage)

If anyone wants to be an administrator/moderator, permissions may be
granted on an individual basis.

Anonymous users may post comments or even edit all pages except the
front page. Registered users now have permissions for most functions
including rollback should someone decide to trash a page/pages. This
also can be tightened up.

Email notifications are available to all who request one for changed
pages.

Although I am pretty conversant with the standard Wiki implementation
and moderated one for over a year, the tikiwiki system is a little new
to me and there may be some minor growing pains.

I've got one started right now at

http://www.cusick.ws/tiki-index.php

Check it out and see if it meets the needs of the community. I have no
problems re-doing the system if it fits to be more accessible and
moderators may help admin the entire system.

Let me know what you think.

Regards,

John Cusick