Ian did I actually moan? I'm not trying to piss all over NGR as your
trying to say, I've been running a permanent node using the unstable
builds to keep up with the network.

I'm not sure that your argument of the network being much smaller holds
much water, most of the freesites on freenet were started in what many
consider freenets golden age in and around the 692 pre nio builds, when
you yourself were reporting d/l speeds of over 100k/s in #freenetmovies,
who's in that channel now??

As to claiming "the luddite notion that we need to revert to an older
build is idiotic" is almost as ridiculous as not doing so, have you not
been watching the mailing list lately? How many people are saying they
can't reach any of the freesites is growing, hell David McNab the once
maintainer of FCP tools is advising using Entropy to test his 'FREEmail'
software. What sort of impression is this giving of the network?

As to offering to help I could dump a 3gig log to toads mailbox, but
that's not helpful, and as I'm not very technically minded I have no
clue what in the log he would find helpful, as loads of things are
marked as errors and warnings.

I know it's the life cycle of open source that people join contribute
and move on, and their have been a lot of talented contributors to
freenet, but I've watched your so called debates since I started using
the software, and most of it is a 'pissing' contest trying to make a
point on who knows more about the code than someone else, that's not a
debate, and mostly nothing comes of it.

And as to
" However, to those who unconstructively moan about problems, push silly

solutions like turning back the clock (which would likely hurt the
network even more *and* frustrate our efforts to get NGR working), and
then complain when developers express frustration at them, these are the

people that really hurt the Freenet development effort at a time when
developers need user's support most."

I quoted from this list about the solutions, and I very, very rarely
post here as I really don't have a clue, but the network is breaking and
the community is really unhappy as your finding out in #freenet.

Anyway, this is my last post here, a probably my last comment on freenet
including inserts.

Pete
AKA frontier