User experience and user interfaces go hand and hand. I believe Thomas is
addressing issues he sees with the user experience of Freenet.

If you're updating the interface to improve the user experience, it's a
worthwhile investment. However, mainly putting effort into updating the visuals
of an interface instead of improved parts of the experience of the software,
isn't worthwhile. You can still have a 90s look, but if the experience of using
the software is pleasant, it can go a longs way.

---
iā¤computers