On 31-10-15 17:27, Bob Ham wrote:
> On Sat, 2015-10-14 at 20:22 +0100, Ian Clarke wrote:
>> I think it's time for us all to take a step back and have a serious
>> conversation about where we are, and where we are going.
>
> I (as pintu) asked this question on IRC a little while back, I think
> it's worth sharing that log.  Here is an executive summary:
>
> [omitted outdated chat log of anonymous user wasting developer time]

I've read your chat log and learned exactly nothing new about where we
are and where we are going. Nor did I learn how documenting a protocol,
what you seem to be advocating endlessly, would help just the slightest
bit in getting there.

Mind you, most Freenet developers are volunteers who all share a common
goal of making Freenet work better — be it by contributing changes to
the core for making the network faster and more secure, by adding
features providing for new use cases, or by improving the overall user
experience.

If you share the same goal, you could be one of them. Please feel
invited to contribute by submitting pull requests for the patches you
write, or if you are unable to code, by filing clear and concise bug
reports for parts of Freenet that don't work well yet.

— Bert