On Sun, 2015-11-01 at 12:07 +0100, Arne Babenhauserheide wrote:
> On Saturday, 31. October 2015 16:27:42 Bob Ham wrote:
> > 15:47 < pintu> there is no clear strategy on how to get from here to a
> > robust, published protocol enabling censorship resistant publishing
>
> Your wording carries invalid assumptions and contradicting goals.
>
> 1. invalid assumption: a published protocol is required to enable
>    censorship resistant publishing.
>
> This is incorrect, because Freenet already enables censorship
> resistant publishing.

I think we're considering "censorship resistant publishing" differently.
You seem to be referring to a state where there exists some technology
which it's possible for some to use for the purpose of censorship
resistant publishing.

I'm referring to a state where censorship resistant publishing is
widespread or even the norm for the majority of Internet users.  In my
sense, published protocols are definitely required.  You can't engineer
systems like the Internet without properly published technical
information and multiple implementations of protocols.

Freenet may provide some relevant technology but the project is not
progressing toward publishing a protocol and moreover, from what I
understand there is no strategy on how it will get to the point of
publishing a protocol.

> 2. invalid assumption and contradicting goal: publishing a protocol
>    makes it more robust.

I disagree, that assumption is not implied by my wording.  A protocol
can be published and be weak.  My wording has not implied otherwise.

My wording does assume that robustness of the protocol is a goal of the
project.

> 3. incorrect assumption: Freenet is not robust.

Again, I disagree; that assumption is not implied by my wording.

> 4. incorrect assumption: There is no clear strategy about the
>    documentation of the protocol.
>
> The current clear strategy includes

Are you saying there is now a strategy for publishing documentation on
the protocol?  Has the situation changed since I asked on IRC and found
an absence of such a strategy?  If the situation has changed, can you
provide me with a reference to the strategy?