On Sat, Nov 9, 2013 at 11:42 AM, Paulo Pinto <pj...@progtools.org> wrote:

> For example, in Portugal and African Portuguese speaking countries, we
> rather mix English technical terms with Portuguese even when a translation
> does exist, whereas in Brazil they tend to choose other words.
>
> My experience leaving in Germany tells me that you only hear people using
> German official terms in very traditional (aka old) companies, the new
> generations mix English technical terms with German.

I remember having friends coming from North Africa and speaking among
themselves in Arabic, interspersed with French words, enough for me to get
a global feeling of what was being said. Most interesting was that
mathematical terms (that was during my studies) were all in French.

We are all adaptive beasts.