Le 09/11/2013 11:43, Philippe Sigaud a écrit :

On Sat, Nov 9, 2013 at 8:43 AM, Raphaël Jakse <raphael.ja...@gmail.com
<mailto:raphael.ja...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    Le 09/11/2013 08:21, John J a écrit :

        On 11/09/2013 01:40 AM, Philippe Sigaud wrote:

            I don't even know how to say 'template' in French.

        Do they really need to translate keywords like 'template' into
        French,
        for that matter into any other language?

    I've still not translated the chapter about template so I have not
    decided anything yet.

    My guideline is to translate everything (I hate speaking/reading
    about computer science with people who use three English works by
    French sentance) and give the English counterpart the first time to
    be able to find help in the English world.

That seems OK.

    Also, using French words when speaking about computer science helps
    speaking about computer science with people who are not into it, I'm
    really attached to this.

    The French translation for template is "modèle", I think I'll use
    this one. I'm okay with also giving the English "template" in my
    translation, but not use it (If somebody disagrees, I'm open to talk)

    I had a really hard time translating "slice". I opted for "tranche".
    That can sound weird but what "slice" really means, unless I am
    mistaken. If somebody has a better translation, please suggest!

extrait?

partie?

To be considered :-)
However, these two words do not seem to imply continuity that "tranche" seems to imply.

Maybe we should vote for the translation of this word.