My view would be that any change to the packet RADIO
system to utilize the internet was a step in the
direction of eliminating it altogether.  The value of
packet radio is the emphasis on the radio part.  Once
you say the system would be more useful if the end
result was email, then why utilize radios at all?
Just email the person you want to contact.  But that's
just my personal opinion and it is obviously out of
step with the prevailing view.  I like CW too, so I
guess I'm just stuck in some previous time zone.  That
happens to us older guys...hi.

Have a good one today.

72/73  Mark  KQ0I
Des Moines, IA