I had already grown tired of all of this before.

But there is no right to rest yet if somebody wants to trick us into
silence
out of endlessly attempting to impose a senseless idea by making people
grow
tired of confronting such an absurdity once and again.

There is no worse kind of blindness than that of those who refuse to see.

There are physical mechanisms in radio propagation that creates hidden
stations.
So do losses, distance, natural obstacles, and finite propagation paths.
I even
had thought it was a well known and accepted fact by knowledgeable
people. But
seems it isn't, at least, yet.

While packet radio forwarding was more active, no one even dreamed of
sitting
on a forwarding frequency on any other mode. Radio has been proved not
to be
an ethernet backbone on which everybody hears everybody all around the
world.

Automatic stations do have a place in the bandplans, so, if automatic
stations stay in those segments, I don't see reason, exception made of
emergencies, if any, to go there where the automatic stations are,
in any other mode and sit there. At least, in the well connected and
informed developed world.

Nobody in his right mind sits between the railroad tracks. Doing otherwise
is sort of cheap irrational old west bragging. In such a case, if the train
overruns you, you have no right to cry.

Even when an activity detector such as what SCAMP has tested, and has been
documented to work fairly well, as far as I know the code is not in the
public domain and noone has either convinced the author to publish it or
stepped forward to write out of scrap and openly publish a viable
substitute
for all possible cases.

Also, there is reasonably founded suspicion by the Winlink team that if
they used such a thing, there are people willing to create a sort of zombie
network to cause intentional QRM to grind the Winlink network to halt.
Such an
attitude against pactor and Winlink DOES exist. Things could have been some
other way if such a threat had not been created.

So, lets get real. Science has already demonstrated that you can make rain
bombarding clouds with silver iodine, but hardly, by howling to the moon.
Facts are needed, in a material way. In the form of code, or a little
hardware
gadget that blocks the PTT whenever it hears a hummingbird f*rt half a
mile away,
reliably. And then, convince the proper people to use it.

What all of this should be is about getting someone capable enough to come
forward with a working solution available to all. So far, all the previous
preaching has proven unable to achieve so. Haven't we had enough of it
already?

Jose, CO2JA

  ---

Dave Bernstein wrote:

>    73,
>
>        Dave, AA6YQ

Participe en Universidad 2008.
11 al 15 de febrero del 2008.
Palacio de las Convenciones, Ciudad de la Habana, Cuba
http://www.universidad2008.cu