--- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, "Siegfried Jackstien"
<siegfried.jackst...@...> wrote:

> Marc . i agree that jose is as dummy . if you see his behaviour in some
> situations
>
> I do not wanna defend him (AS I DO NOT LIKE HIDDEN FUNCTIONS TOO)
>
> I just like the new mode as it works so well
>
> I just like experimenting with new "toys"
>
> That's all

<snip>

Try PSK31 or contestia to contact VK. I think it is not so much the mode (since
how can that be?) but the contact you made that made you favor ROS.

> Jose made 3 qrg on 20m band to give more users a chance .

More Pactor, Packet and WINMOR users??? Since that is what I am saying with my
"SSTV argument": a growing number of users implies more patience by ROS users,
and a better timing when to call CQ for those users. It does NOT imply more
calling frequencies. No other mode "claims" three calling frequencies on one
band.

><snip>
> I see only low traffic on 115 most is on 103 and 112 so time will show if >
> the third is needed

A third??? Needed??? More patience and better operating practice is needed for
ROS users.

> If I look in the bandplan I see that automatic stations is upper limit 112
> so maybe we shoud use the lower qrg for (low power)beaconing with ros and
> only 115 for keyboard to keyboard qsos

Better not make QSO's at all in a wideband digi section were "unattended"
servers reside. It is asking for QRM since often "automatic forwarding" takes
place on these frequencies. The frequencies are crowded there already so why
try to fit in with a 2200Hz wide mode? Better try to find an "own" watering
hole for ROS SINCE it is that wide.

It would be like using ROS on the SSTV frequency. But since that is a KNOWN
frequency for SSTV, people do not use 14.230 for any other mode. So why not
apply the same logic on 14.103/14.112/14.115 since all these frequencies are
used almost non stop by billboard systems and alike.

> Marc you said only one qrg on 20 for sstv??? I see traffic on 14230 as
> centre of activity . but also on 233, 236, 240(digi)

Digital SSTV is a completely different mode. Just listen to them and you will
know/hear the big difference. The only resemblance between the two is sending
pics. So the two modes SHARE the frequency.
And on 14.227 and 14.233 there are no other modes operating on fixed
frequencies like packet/pactor BBS do on 14.103, 14.112 and 14.115, that is a
big difference.

> Same story but other mode ... most traffic is on 230 in sstv .. As it is on
> 103 for ros
>
> And if there is more users on air or other modes using 103 I (and others)
> qsy to 112 and 115
> Like the sstv gang is doing . traffic on 230 . move to 233 or 236

If and ONLY if that frequency is free. And most of the times 14.233 or 14.227
are free. There is rarely SSTV traffic beyond these frequencies except in
August during the JASTA contest. Then the "SSTV gang" as you call them, use
14.230 +/- 3Kc/6Kc. But even then during contest most traffic is still on 14.230

So maybe 14.236 would have been a good frequency for ROS, since it is rarely
used since it is so close to the SSTV and digital SSTV center of activity and
can easily be SHARED with these modes.

The calling frequencieS for ROS are most of the time in use, and have been in
use for years for many pactor servers or packet BBS. So it was quite
incosiderate by José and the ROS users to choose these frequencieS. That is
again a big difference.