To address Andrei's issue with the term RED, I would say that it was
an attempt to create a term that was at descriptive of both the short
timeframes these projects often entail (Rapid) and the fact that the
designers are experts (particularly in designing in high-pressure
conditions, complex situations and needs, and with familiarity within
the domain).

I wouldn't get hung up on the term, as we certainly don't.  It's
problematic reducing complex approaches to terms to begin with.  But
as I'd stated up front, terms such as "genius design" were even
more problematic, and failed even to attempt to describe what was
actually occurring in at least the types of rapid development
environments I and others have pursued.  Hence the more descriptive
term.