I am kindof getting a  feeling for RED, it reminds me of some of the
same ideas that the Bauhaus, or the New Objectivity movement had
about architecture. That an entire building could emerge from the
ashtray that would live humbly within it. And I think it is concepts
are related to architecture both of the built kind and some of the
stuff we do in Software Architecture too.

1. There is a context for design. This is also commonly referred to
as the "pattern", or "problem". Think of it as the kernel or
soul.

2. There is an immediate reaction. Some from training, some from
intuition and some from genetics, some from culture. The speed and
effectiveness of this immediate reaction is the "R" in RED.

3. The strength of conception which will allow this meme to grow, and
act as a scaffold for the beginning to spawn exponentially like Akira
or Katamari Damacy from its original source gene. This is the "E"
in RED.

And the "D" its the many little choices, the obsessive weighting of
this vs. that before it is unleashed.

Alas one can attempt RED, and yes if you have done it a few times
already you can probably do it again, but sadly you dont know you did
it till its probably living a life beyond you the "original"
designer.