Yuck. Here's the quote again:

(From the article)

Of course, when programmers are peers of the program managers, the
programmers tend to have the upper hand. Here%u2019s something that
has happened several times: a programmer asks me to intervene in some
debate he is having with a program manager.

"Who is going to write the code?" I asked.

"I am..."

"OK, who checks things into source control?"

"Me, I guess, ..."

"So what%u2019s the problem, exactly?" I asked. "You have absolute
control over the state of each and every bit in the final product.
What else do you need? A tiara?"