results, please visit http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=43198
Question: Do you agree with this posting?

- Yes
- No
- In the middle

Pale Blue Ego;338087 Wrote:

> If, on the other hand, the desire is for a minimal PC optimized to run
> SqueezeCenter, then I think there's an opportunity for a 3rd-party PC
> builder to fill that market.  There's no reason it has to be Logitech.
> This system should be:
>
> A small, fanless mini-PC that runs SqueezeCenter 24/7 and plugs into
> the router.  It should have room for 1 SATA drive and USB ports for
> expansion and/or backup drives.  Should have enough CPU and RAM to
> handle a large library.  All control would be via a browser interface
> from another PC on the network.  No optical drive or ripping, no
> graphics card or monitor, just a small, quiet box that runs
> SqueezeCenter headless so you can turn your PC off.  It would also be
> handy for taking a Squeezebox on the road or to another location.  It
> should cost no more than $300.

This sounds great!  If anyone can make me one of these, I'd pay for it.
I live in Ann Arbor, MI, so if you're local, even better.

On the other hand, if I decided to make or buy this myself,...

How large CPU and RAM do you think it would need?  Would it run Linux
or Windows or something else?

--
Omeriah