results, please visit http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=43198
Question: Do you agree with this posting?

- Yes
- No
- In the middle

But SC *does* run on low-powered NAS devices like the LinkStation Live
you mention. Installing SC on LinkStations is not easy, and there are
other NASs that are much better in that department (QNAP, Synology,
etc.). I run SC 7.2 on a LinkStation HG, although I'm beginning to
think a low-powered x86 box based on a mini-ITX board is the way to go

You don't mention what OS you're running on that PII laptop. If it's
Windows, that's some of your problem because scarce resources are going
to the gui and other unnecessary systems. A pared down, text-mode only
flavor of linux is the way to go on underpowered hardware like that.

If you want help with the problems you're having then some more
detailed descriptions and log excerpts would help. But if it was just
venting, then at least you advertised it as such in the first sentence
;o)

--
aubuti