results, please visit http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=43198
Question: Do you agree with this posting?

- Yes
- No
- In the middle

Omeriah;266658 Wrote:
> And I learned that in general, SlimServer runs much more efficiently on
> Linux machines, which all but eliminates my Windows NAS choices.

Ignore the Linux weenies.  SqueezeCenter runs just fine on Windows.
But you have choices, unlike most other music products, because it also
runs fine on the Mac and it runs fine on many flavors of Linux and BSD
Unix.

> In short, I have no idea what to buy and your company is not helping me
> at all.

Sounds like your problem is that you can't make a decision for yourself
and instead, you want to be told.  Sorry, but don't expect any help
there.

> Why can’t Logitech make the SqueezeBox and its cousins user-friendly
> enough for a critical mass consumer audience?

Forcing users to use a particular platform and hardware on which to run
the server is not going to make the product any more friendly.  Most
people will be able to run SqueezeCenter on the computer (Windows, Mac
or Linux) in the den.

> The best advice I got from the forums were, “Keep your money in your
> pocket until hard drive companies start releasing versions with SC7”.
> But even then, I suspect they won’t be plug and play and they won’t be
> under any endorsement or even compatibility “wink wink” from Logitech.

Hard drive companies???  That money is going get moldy in your pocket
if that's what you're waiting for.

> Sick-of-reading-about-Linux-installs-and-NAS-pros-and-cons-and-rumors-about-new-SC7-modules

Another problem  you have, like a lot noobs, is that you think an NAS
is some kind of magic appliance, no more complex than a toaster, that's
going to sit off in a corner running SqueezeCenter without any input
from yourself, and when it's not playing music, you probably also
expect that it's going to make your dinner and do your laundry.

--
JJZolx

Jim