I have been thinking similar on this.

I guess mortslim is asking whether the success of iPeng etc. combined
with the increased usage of iPhone/iTouch would impact future sales of
the SBC, it seems from the reviews of the iPhone apps that a lot of
current controller owners would now question whether they would have
bought a controller given the cost of that versus a iPhone/iTouch with
an app.

--
socistep