socistep;363742 Wrote:
> Good point, I think it shows the potential of Slim Devices putting out
> an "official" iPhone/iTouch app, it would increase awareness of their
> products to the wider growing iP/iT market - I'm sure this will also
> start with iPeng, Squidgy etc.

It also has the potential to kill off the third party developers of
similar products however. This could be the effect that the Sonos app
has on the three others who had previously developed controller apps
prior to their own.

This is not necessarily a problem if the "first party app" (is that a
new term?) is far superior to what third parties may have developed. In
the present situation, at least in my opinion, I find that iPeng exceeds
the performance of the other available options for control, and I think
it will force others - in and out of the Slim team - to consider what
control should be.

I was one of the first to chime in that I thought Sonos made a smart
move in releasing their own app (and it may prove to be for them - they
continue to get press exposure as a result of this). I now wonder if it
is smarter to see what others can contribute to the SB system - this
is, after all, one of the most successful features of the product
family: the input from the community.

--
ds2021

All your bass are belong to us.