"it seems from the reviews of the iPhone apps that a lot of current
controller owners would now question whether they would have bought a
controller given the cost of that versus a iPhone/iTouch with an app."

Exactly.

All I am saying is that unless Logitech rethinks its pricing of the
Controller, its going to lose a lot of sales.

The late Otto Kaus, California Supreme Court Justice from 1980-1985,
coined the metaphor of “crocodiles in the
bathtub” to describe a judge’s predicament of deciding controversial
cases while facing re-election: “[I]t was like finding a
crocodile in your bathtub when you go to shave in the morning. You know
it’s there, and you try not to think about it, but it’s
hard to think about much else while you’re shaving.”

--
mortslim