signor_rossi;427033 Wrote:
> What if this big stationary touch screen controller includes an ARM
> based fanless server that can run SC? Of course it then would have to
> include either wireless N in the case that the music would be stored on
> a NAS or it would have to include an USB or eSATA port for external hard
> disks...

Interesting, my vision is a receiver incl. a SC server :). But 802.11N
is not a solution as long as it is a DRAFT. Just have a look at the
problems people do have with compatibility between G devices. And I
suppose that some new upcoming problems with G units are due to
inteferences with draft N AP which a more and more used by the people
(ok, not at 5GHz). And interoperability between draft N units, is this
as good as between G units?

--
jo-wie

SB Classic, SC 7.3.3 auf GigaByte STA/C mit VIA C7 1GHz, 1GB RAM, 250 GB
2,5" HD, Ubuntu Desktop 8.04

last.fm/user/jo-wie