In my system the problem is limited to the Boom. I can play music for
days on the SB3 without it rebuffering connected to the same access
point. When the Boom eventually goes to "rebuffering failed" and locks
up. Then the signal strength drops from 98% to 12% on the server
information page. The SB3 maintains an average strength of 71%. I set up
a test playlist with 1600 tracks in it and it failed at the 243rd
track.

I uninstalled 7.4, deleted the cache log and prefs files from the
folder tree for both the 7.4 and 7.3.x versions of the server (they use
different folder paths), and reinstalled, and was able to repeat the
same issue.

I'll repeat the same experiment with 7.2.1 and see if it is an issue
with the Boom or the server.

I'm a "semi-professional" beta tester, since a Motorcycle accident
stopped me from working, current projects include

CalMAN ISF calibration beta since version 2.1 (software and hardware)
iPeng iPhone Squeezecentre controller application since the first
version
Radiance XD video processor since the first manufacturing batch
Content delivery application on iPhone for UK mobile phone service
provider (carrier).

I'm well versed in isolating and reproducing bugs and there does appear
to be an issue. In my case it might be the Boom in which case I'll be on
to Logitech support, but I suspect it is a firmware/software issue.

I use several other wireless devices, including streaming of video over
WiFi none of which have been affected, and as mentioned earlier in this
thread my property was built in 2002. Due to UK building regulations the
insulation is foil backed and I get NO mobile phone signal inside the
building, and my cordless and wireless devices get no signal outside. I
am fairly confident that there have been no environmental changes. Just
because you don't suffer from the issue doesn't mean it isn't there.
I'll do my best to isolate it, and when I do, I'll provide Logitech with
as much information as I'm able.

Tim

--
timmorris