GeeJay;444859 Wrote:
> The OP didn't say it was a firmware problem, at least not in the initial
> post, just that something is wrong and he doesn't think it's a network
> issue.  Others are wondering the same thing, and firmware is just one
> avenue of discussion...and I do think that if 35 people voted for the
> bug instead of just 5, it probably would matter.
>
> Facts are facts, however, and the fact that so few people are
> complaining means that those saying "it must be a network problem" are
> more likely correct than those saying, "I don't think so". That's the
> nice thing about allowing people to vote on bugs...it gives you some
> factual data to support the claim that a problem is "widespread".
>
> As for me, I'm having a hard time isolating the issue if it is my
> network, since all the other fixes I've tried have failed to work.
> Having said that, just last night I was presented with more evidence
> that my problem probably is network-related, as other users in the
> household started complaining about slow internet connections on the
> same network and say it's been going on for weeks.
>
> It just goes to show you, ya never know... ;)

BTW, bugs that get more than 6 votes are quite rare in the SD Bugzilla
data base:  http://tinyurl.com/slimvotes2  (This bug has 7 votes.)

"Ya never know," is what I'd like people to keep in mind. Some people
seem to assume that every manifestation has a single unique cause. While
this issue seems to be related to network congestion, it could be also
unnecessarily vulnerable to network congestion due to a firmware bug, or
streaming protocol bug or... a combination of these. Perhaps I am only
*hiding* an underlying bug by making my network super-robust using wired
connections, or switching to .11n connections in unoccupied 5GHz
channels.

--
dsdreamer