The OP didn't say it was a firmware problem, at least not in the initial
post, just that something is wrong and he doesn't think it's a network
issue.  Others are wondering the same thing, and firmware is just one
avenue of discussion...and I do think that if 35 people voted for the
bug instead of just 5, it probably would matter.

Facts are facts, however, and the fact that so few people are
complaining means that those saying "it must be a network problem" are
more likely correct than those saying, "I don't think so". That's the
nice thing about allowing people to vote on bugs...it gives you some
factual data to support the claim that a problem is "widespread".

As for me, I'm having a hard time isolating the issue if it is my
network, since all the other fixes I've tried have failed to work.
Having said that, just last night I was presented with more evidence
that my problem probably is network-related, as other users in the
household started complaining about slow internet connections on the
same network and say it's been going on for weeks.

It just goes to show you, ya never know... ;)

--
GeeJay