usch wrote:
> Unfortunately the width of the Touch display is only about 60% of the
> Classic, which means it will require much more scrolling to display the
> same amount of text. All the more when there are touch screen buttons at
> the same time and you want to show the cover artwork, too.

I think the measurement is what you say, but in my beta testing, I've
not found it a problem. The screen is beautiful, and more than large
enough for viewing at any distance that you can still reach the touch
screen.

I have not tried mine at a typical living room distance. For example, my
Transporter is about 15 feet from my favorite listening chair. But other
beta testers claim that it is easily read at 10 feet or so. I don't have
10 feet long 3 meters to our euro-zone friends), so I've never worried
about that part. I guess as a pure replacement for the Classic, it could
raise some concerns.

--
Pat Farrell
http://www.pfarrell.com/