Also we need  "master volume" vs player volume .

Syncing volume means that each player gets the exact same numerical
value for volume this is probably the most wrong setting you can have.
This only works if you gain stage and calibrate all your sb's/stereos to
your boom's typical level ;)

Synchronize volume should mean that when i rise the volume with the
"master" player all other players should follow relatively and increase
by the same dB they should still have individual volume controls, so I
can even out the volume differences between stereos and rooms.
The same volume can be very loud in one room but not in the other.

--
Mnyb

Main hifi: SB3 (soon to replaced by a Touch :) It is on preorder)
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: Receiver (soon to be replaced by my SB3 and the SBR to be
stuffed in a box in the attic )
I use a Controller various ir-remotes and a Eee-PC with squeezeplay to
control this