MrSinatra;584039 Wrote:

> america is a capitalistic country, that promotes innovation and
> competition and entrepreneurialism, and thus confidence in your own
> ability to compete and win.
>
> sorry, erlands view is fatalism, its the view of a pessimist, and it
> should not be logitechs view EVEN IF erland is right about logitech
> (which i agree he probably is), b/c that view is deeply unamerican,
> imo.
>
> and anyway, i was saying logitech should have been first to the market
> to begin with.  my whole beef is that i think they knew they could do
> this, and have been first, but they decided to cede it, which to me, is
> crazy.

The prefix "Un" can mean "not". Indeed Erland is unamerican, he's
Swedish (sorry if I got that wrong).  Logitech is unamerican too, it's
a Swiss company.

You can agree or disagree with what Logitech is doing, that's fine,
that's what everyone here has an interest in. Your comments will be
more credible without the false and pseudo patriotic platitudes that
the non-Americans (and many Americans too) probably find to be only
laughable.

The one area where the US may have a monopoly is our tendency to be
overly doctrinaire and naive. Otherwise, the world is flat, as Thomas
Friedman would say.

--
Goodsounds