MrSinatra;584039 Wrote:

> does exxon say "we'd love to open a gas station on that corner, but
> we're not even going to try to, since chevron is already there (selling
> our gas)."

Well, actually there is a LOT of that kind of thinking in big
corporations. I bet exxon does evaluate exactly that question for each
new station they take under contract (they don't open them themselves
in the US, too, don't they?). BTW, just as an excerpt, exxon stations
don't sell exxon gas, actually all stations sell the same gas.
Seriously, they may add some "additives" at the station itself or the
trailer but the gas comes from the same refineries for all of them. Get
some knowledge about how business works before making bold statements.

--
pippin

---
see iPeng, the Squeezebox iPhone remote, at penguinlovesmusic.com