Goodsounds;584031 Wrote:
> As an American, I find this comment completely bizarre.
>
> Sorry. You should give it a rest.

whats bizarre about it?  give what a rest?  don't take it out of
context.

here is what erland said:

> 2. SP ported to iOS by Logitech would suck if you compare it to iPeng.
> I'm sorry to say this but I really believe currently Logitech doesn't
> have the graphical/user interface designers to compete with iPeng, so I
> think it's the right choice to not try at all. They should instead focus
> on advertising the available third party solutions since they will also
> make Logitech sell more hardware.

america is a capitalistic country, that promotes innovation and
competition and entrepreneurialism, and thus confidence in your own
ability to compete and win.

does exxon say "we'd love to open a gas station on that corner, but
we're not even going to try to, since chevron is already there (selling
our gas)."

???

does microsoft not try to do zune even tho ipods exist?  sure they lost
that one, but they still TRY, and their xbox has done well, inspite of
pre-existing nintendo and sony consoles, right?

sorry, erlands view is fatalism, its the view of a pessimist, and it
should not be logitechs view EVEN IF erland is right about logitech
(which i agree he probably is), b/c that view is deeply unamerican,
imo.

not bizarre to say so either.

and anyway, i was saying logitech should have been first to the market
to begin with.  my whole beef is that i think they knew they could do
this, and have been first, but they decided to cede it, which to me, is
crazy.

--
MrSinatra

www.lion-radio.org
using:
sb2 & sbc (my home) / sbrec & ipeng (parent's home) - sbs 7.5.2b - win
xp pro sp3 ie8 - p4(ht) 3.2ghz, 2gig ram - 1tb wd usb2 raid1 - d-link
dir-655 - 45k+ mp3