JJZolx wrote:

> - EXE for Windows. Yes, if we wanted to recreate this, the ActiveState
> SDK would need to be purchased and licensing (if needed) would have to
> be explored. Or, require users to install the free ActiveState Perl
> interpreter and run the Perl code. For a project like this, that's not
> unreasonable.

The problem is still the CPAN modules, Logitech compiles these for newer
ActiveState versions regularly so you never see the issue when you run
svn/git version because they have commited binaries in svn/git.

I don't think compiling them would require a OEM license but as I've
understood from Andy it requires a bit of work to setup the build
environment to compile them.

ActiveState have a tendency to remove older perl versions and only offer
the latest or two latest ones for free, so for it to work for new users
you need to ensure you have always compiled the CPAN modules towards the
latest version available from ActiveStatue.

So I think Windows support will be a bit of work independent if you
redistribute compiled exe's or just distribute perl code with compiled
CPAN modules.

But maybe we can create a Linux based server box also to get around that
issue or just recommend users to get a VortexBox Appliance.