TheLastMan wrote:
> We were prepared to pay £150/$200+ for our Squeezeboxes so we can afford
> this for a replacement, so a $30 player is unnecessarily cheap!  Most
> would be prepared to pay an extra £100 in order not to have to spend 30
> hours making several attempts at "hacking" linux to get the thing to
> work!
+1
- I will pay (in advance if necessary) the former price of an SB3 to
get the same service in a new device. Count me in for 1 (and up to 3 if
we're talking about a Boom replacement.)  The thing has to be well
thought, promise a long lifecycle, and shall not come in a sandwich box.
It has to work fine with my current SBs.
- I could pay around $70 (that's with all accessories) for a software
player properly packaged on an off-the-shelf platform, controlled via
iPeng. But probably only once my SBs start dying…

A reasonably priced dedicated device, part of an SB-compatible system,
has a lot of appeal to me.

(I looked at some Olive One videos. I will wait for the marketing haze
to lift; But for the moment, surely it does not appear as SB compatible
and that's not good for me --DLNA will not enter my home. And second, I
hope for them they will be able to pump up performance of the seemingly
obligatory color display. Competing with smartphones is difficult, as
we've seen.)