FTJoe;218071 Wrote:
> Apologies if this appears as a hijack, but it's on subject I believe.  I
> was thinking of converting my Itunes music to flac in a separate folder
> (first copy highest quality music to one folder,  the convert to flac
> and delete the copied data).  While a space waster, space is cheap and
> I'm on a 1.6tb RAID5 array.  Now I would turn off the use Itunes switch
> in slimserver and just point to the flac folder.When you say "converting" I
> hope you don't actually mean to convert
mp3's to flac's with some software. This will only result in that the
files take more space, you won't get any better sound quality. To get
better sound quality you will need to rip your music again from CD or
some other lossless source.

FTJoe;218071 Wrote:
> What do I lose by not using Itunes in slimserver?The only reason to use the
> iTunes integration is that you need iTunes
for something else, for example iPod synchronization, tagging, ripping,
playlist making.

--
erland

Erland Isaksson
'My homepage' (http://erland.homeip.net) 'My download page'
(http://erland.homeip.net/download)
Custom Scan,  Custom Skip, Multi Library and RandomPlayList plugins'
(http://wiki.erland.homeip.net/index.php/Category:SlimServer))