Guys, thanks for the responses.

Yes, I forgot to mention that I have Sky broadband and use the router
they sent me - a standard Netgear wireless adsl router. It all works
pretty well, to be honest. I'm on the latest 'production' version of
slimserver - 6.5.4 and have the latest ts-109 firmware. It's just
frustrating having to press play again to get the music going, or
restart the internet radio stream.

The thing with the laptop is strange. I put it into hibernate as
standard. When it 'comes alive' again, the squeezeboxes stop. If it's
music, they'll restart eventually. If it's radio, they'll stop until
told to restart. Then everything is fine until the next hiccup sometime
later. MP3's normally play just fine for hours on end, it's the radio
that's the hang-up. Maybe that suggests the router could be the
problem, as everything goes through that...

I don't think I've got anything fancy turned on in the router settings.
It's a basic wireless 54mb/s network. I've changed the channel on the
laptop card and the router a couple of times due to neighbouring
competitors! Is there a way to select the channel for the squeezebox??

Wired is a no-no, I'm afraid. It just has to be wireless.

Personally, I'm kinda ok with the setup. It's just not reliable enough
for the good lady, as she can't be doing with the technical maintenance
that it currently requires. If I can just get it sorted and bedded-in..
(until SC7 gets released!)..

--
simondp