So, let's see if I understand your setup correctly:

- You have a Netgear wireless router that handles the connections to
internet
- SlimServer is running on a QNAP TS-109 which is connected wireless to
the Netgear router
- You have two SB's which are also connected wireless to the Netgear
router
- You have a laptop which is connected wireless to the Netgear router,
but the laptop isn't involved when playing music in any way.

Is this correct ?

If this is the configuration you are having there is a lot of wireless
traffic going on. If it is possible to connect the TS-109 by wire to
the Netgear router, this might improve the situation a bit.

I personally had some problem with a laptop and my wireless connected
SB some time ago. The cause of the problem was that there was some
indexing services running on the laptop that also indexed network
drives, the result was that the indexing bottlenecked the wireless
network and caused hickups in the music.

Do the laptop mount any network drives at boot ? Maybe that could cause
the problems ?

--
erland

Erland Isaksson
'My homepage' (http://erland.homeip.net) 'My download page'
(http://erland.homeip.net/download)
Custom Scan,  Custom Skip, Multi Library and Database Query plugins'
(http://wiki.erland.homeip.net/index.php/Category:SlimServer))